A tasty oyster appetizer
- 24 fresh oysters, in their shells
- Rock salt
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 30g of butter
- 4 slices of bacon, rind and all fat removed, finely diced
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- Preheat the oven to the highest temperature (use broiler if fitted).
- Arrange the oysters on a bed of rock salt in a large, shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce and butter in a small saucepan and heat the butter until it melts and the mixture begins to bubble around the edges of the saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon a little of the Worcestershire sauce and butter mixture over each oyster, and top evenly with the diced bacon and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cook under a preheated grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
Note that you can prepare these oysters on a grill with the hood down, or an over without a broiler, simply crisp the bacon up first.
There are lots of variations to try with Oyster Kilpatrick; add a few drops of tabasco, add some pre-cooked diced onion, add some cheese...experiment and enjoy!
Our new oyster suede is also perfect for summer outings - click here to see the full collection.