Convenient Key Lime
Posted on July 07, 2015 by Rebecca | 0 comments
With the release of the new Rebecca Ray Designs Summer Suede range, we thought it would be a great way to celebrate to match up our exciting color line up with some bright and fun summer food and drink recipes.
First up, nothing screams summer more than key lime pie (which is why we created our Key Lime color). And to really make a fun statement at your next cookout, what not serve your pie in a jar?!?
So, without further ado, try our Key Lime pie recipe and feel free to leave comments and pictures either here or on Facebook with your successes!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14-oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice, regular limes also works (6-8 limes)
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Lime slices and graham craker crumbs for garnish
- Crush graham crackers in a foodprossesor or with a rolling pin. Mix together 3/4 cup crumbs, icing sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Spoon 1-2tbsp of mixture into 8 individual jars (you can use desert bowls if 8 jars are hard to come by!), press lightly down with the spoon.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the condensed milk and key lime juice and mix on medium speed intil well combined.
- Whisk cream until stiff peaks form. Fold gently in 1 cup of the whipped cream into to the mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the jars or dessert bowls.
- Cover with plastic and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with lime slices and sprinkle the rest of the crumbs and serve.
That's it, tart and sweet. If a dessert can be considered 'refreshing', this is it!
Key Lime is just one of 8 of our new summer suede colors - all available in 4 product style.
Or click here to see the full collection.